As Content Marketing Manager, you will report to the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and also have dotted line reporting into the Senior Director of Demand Generation. You will be an integral part of a world-class Marketing organization that is poised to significantly increase the trajectory of the company by creating in-demand content for IdentityForce’s audiences, sharing that content through various channels (via alignment with the PR & Communications team), and measuring the results of Content Marketing activities in order to develop baselines and proposed future content projects.
You will come on board to be the company’s key content generator, and you will thrive on the challenge to deliver compelling content that drives traffic, engagement, leads, and content strategies that can influence sales and help to further sustain the company’s 98% member retention rate. YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT ALL THINGS CONTENT! YOU LOVE TO WRITE!
You will be responsible for managing and creating content for the company’s blog, which serves a number of audiences. IdentityForce is focused on driving B2B revenue through the Employee Benefits sector, which combines both direct selling to organizations with 5,000+ employees, and also selling into Benefit Brokers. Additionally, IdentityForce sells direct-to-consumer with a focus on both individuals and families.
You will be expected to be a key contributor to IdentityForce successfully achieving its next level of growth, and to always have a strong focus on the customer (B2B and B2C) and how to further educate them on Identity Theft Protection. You will bring a hands-on approach and the highest commitment to quality and excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve quarterly and annual Content Marketing targets (under the direction of the Senior Director of Digital Marketing)
- Plan 3-6 months ahead in terms of developing a blog schedule (which you will be responsible for writing the majority of all IdentityForce blog content), but demonstrate flexibility to respond to industry trends and breaking news (such as top tier data breaches) and integrate all key components to further influence and drive visibility and eyeballs to key content pieces (outside of the blog may include newsletters, eBooks, whitepapers, development of landing page content and implementation to a piece of content you’ve developed, etc.)
- Obsession with building audience swim lanes and the content that will feed each audience, and then seek out strategies that can help to further optimize path to conversion
- Build and maintain accurate Content Marketing reporting aligned with the Digital Marketing and Demand Generation departmental needs or requirements
- Ensure corporate Marketing standards, messaging/positioning and editorial governance is upheld throughout the content you generate by aligning with SVP of Marketing on an ad hoc basis
- Align with Digital Marketing best practices and 360-degree management & measurement
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. You must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Close collaboration with SEO department in order to support Google Content Experiments to optimize user experience and increase conversions, both for new B2B leads and for new B2C members.
- Open and regular collaboration / communication with the heads of Marketing and Sales and across the company. Present to executives and share materials to further enable the sales team
- Provide ideas for content initiatives based on Demand Generation programs and results
- Support Marketing-assisted initiatives needed by Product Management, Product Marketing, and Client Services/Support, as necessary, by working alongside the SVP of Marketing on an as-needed basis
- Alignment with PR team on byline content topics and byline writing
Who you are / What you bring:
- You thrive in and love the thrill of working in a start-up / entrepreneurial environment
- You run towards a challenge; You have a flair for ambiguity; You exude grace under pressure, and you have an infectious “Can Do” attitude
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and process driven individual that owns execution while aligning and collaborating with internal teams
- Consistently exhibit enthusiasm, zeal and a strong business ethic based on honesty and integrity
- Experience in one or more of the company’s market segments: Employee Benefit, Financial Services, Insurance or Associations is BIG PLUS
- Demonstrated experience and self-motivated to excel within an environment of change, and a drive to meet and exceed goals
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality, engaging content that matters (i.e., content that feeds into the customer journey) through a creative mindset; Capable of adjusting message/tone/persona based on audience, calls to actions (CTAs), etc. NOTE: You will be asked for samples and to also participate in a small writing project prior to hire
- Proficiency in MS Office, WordPress, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and SlideShare)
- Research skills or experience a plus, as well as familiarity with Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- Balanced individual who is naturally creative and possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and excellent Proof Reading skills
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar role
What you get:
- Become an integral part of a growing team, for an industry leader in a fast-paced booming market
- Work with passionate and committed colleagues who are genuinely great people
- Work with an executive team that truly understands; “Empowerment, Encouragement, Team, Passion, and no role is too big or too small to roll up your sleeves and get dirty”
- You will be part of bringing serious and meaningful Identity Security and Protection products and solutions to individuals, corporations and governments
- Have a huge impact on a globally important market that is continuously evolving and growing
- Excellent benefits which include generous Vacation PTO / Holiday plan, Sick and Personal PTO Medical, Dental, Life, LTD/STD, 401K Safe Harbor/Profit Sharing, FSA ,100% reimbursement for work related self-improvement and educational seminars, Free lunches daily and MORE!
- All employees receive FREE IdentityForce Protection!
IdentityForce provides best-in-class, highly scalable, award-winning identity theft, privacy, and credit protection solutions to consumers, businesses, and government agencies. A pioneer of identity protection dating back almost 40 years, IdentityForce’s innovation and customer-centric approach has made the company a trusted partner for both organizations and individuals. IdentityForce also provides custom-tailored programs to organizations enabling them to build closer relationships and additional revenue streams. In 2015, the U.S. government awarded IdentityForce elite Tier-One status as an approved provider of identity protection services for data breaches affecting over 21.5 million people. IdentityForce is the only identity protection provider awarded the Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal.
IdentityForce’s culture is entrepreneurial with a collaborative approach to doing what it takes to win; combined with a desire to deliver excellence. Many of the company’s cultural traits are bred from its family business roots including IdentityForce’s close-knit feel, clear values, caring, loyalty, humility, and deep commitment to community.
IdentityForce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.